Is your land being threatened by a huge new subdivision or big-box retail development? Has your water supply been contaminated by storm-water runoff, construction site erosion, or seepage from a landfill or septic tank?
These are just a few of the serious environmental problems that face landowners and other citizens in Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee and Alabama as a result of the dramatic land development that is occurring within the southeastern United States.
At Stack & Associates, P.C., our attorneys are committed to protecting property owners and the environment from harmful encroachment.
Land Use and Zoning Lawyers for Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee and South Carolina
Our attorneys are admitted to practice in Georgia, Tennessee and South Carolina administrative state and federal courts, and have extensive experience in environmental matters involving:
- Water Pollution , including both point source and non-point source water pollution.
- Streams, Rivers, Lakes and Wetlands , including water withdrawal for processing facilities and interbasin transfers of water, dredging and filling of wetlands and timber harvests along stream corridors.
- Ocean, Seashore, Marsh and Coastal Protection . Development threatens to turn the Georgia coastline into the “new” New Orleans.
- Zoning, Land Use and Eminent Domain . We work with citizens, green-minded developers and local governments to find solutions of mutual benefit to land use and zoning conflicts.
- Storm water, Sediment and Flooding , including polluted runoff from paved surfaces, roads and infrastructure associated with poor development practices.
· Nuisance and Trespass . We handle cases involving the loss in value and enjoyment of property due to trespass and nuisance.
- Toxic Torts and Chemical Exposure , including individual and class action personal injury lawsuits arising from exposure to toxic chemicals.
- Challenges to Governments and Agencies , including cases brought on behalf of individual property owners, homeowners associations, environmental organizations and small businesses.
- Environmental Compliance . We gladly counsel developers, businesses and others who want to do the right thing and comply with environmental best management practices, permits and other legal requirements.
Honest, Experienced, Principled
Do you have questions or concerns about landfill contamination? Underground storage tank (UST) issues? Nuisance law or trespass law? Please contact Stack & Associates, P.C. in Atlanta to learn how we can help you.
We offer free initial consultations and serve clients throughout Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina and Alabama.